
So they cancelled school today for my kids - it was (-)13 degrees outside without the wind chill and they didn't want to cause frostbite. But what I find odd is that the campus did not cancel classes (although I sure as heck was not in attendance) and some of the students have to walk something like 8 blocks to school?
I guess when you pay a couple grand for the privelege of being on the roll - you can worry about the frostbite later?? I continue to be stumped by this phenomenon.
(Honestly, I didn't go to class b/c I was at the doctor's office, getting a steroid shot, a cough syrup, and an antibiotic - ahhh, winter!!)
4 comments:
are you ok? I love how campus never thought it was worth it enough to say, hey guys, it's kinda chilly... hang out for the day. But I guess that's college for you.
I hope you feel better.
I remember two winters ago - my last semester at BYU-I. It was a day like you discribed - and I lived at the bottom of the hill. I had a class all the way in the Ricks. I do not think I saw bare skin the whole way as I trudged up to class. Then I found out when I got up there that the class was canceled. I wanted to cry - it was so cold!
Lali - I think I am okay - I seem to be getting worse before I get better...hopefully the meds will kick in soon
Amber - I would have cried.
And I was almost missing Rexburg today...until I read this! Love ya!
Post a Comment