Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Okay Okay - I wanna do a 25 random things post too!!

No one has tagged me on Facebook - but because I crave the attention I am gonna write up a "Random 25 things" note about myself anyway....

1. I can not swim and I don't plan to learn how (sorry Ryan). Every time I get in the water I come pretty close to death so I try to avoid it at all costs (minus a daily shower).

2. I do not like fish and strangely meat is starting to gross me out more and more. I am thinking that my body is beginning to beg to be vegetarian...But - I will eat sushi...

3. I am addicted to "The Meanest Mom" blog.

4. Sometimes, I really don't like being a mom. There are days where I just wish I could come home and be all alone with my dog. 

5. Strangely, I sometimes wish this about being married too...

6. Some days I wonder why I am trying to be a full time student, Director, Mother, Wife, Daughter, Friend all at the same time. Other days I thrive on the knowledge that I am so important to so many people.

7. I really want to loose all of my baby weight but I like Oreo Cookies way too much!

8. My favorite time of day is when all the kids are asleep, my husband is still at work and I have full control of the remote: with Sammy cuddled up at my feet. 

9. In High School I was a dork. The sad thing was, I thought I was cool. And, even more sad, there are days when I wish  I could go back.

10. I really really really hate bad drivers. I judge them so bad and think really awful thoughts when I am around them. 

11. I am so sick of hearing about wars and such on the news. Really, who cares? No one can convince me that any of this stuff honestly matters. Just once I think it would be nice to hear nice awesome fun stuff on the news.

12. I can curl my tongue into 5 loops. 

13. Bad grammar drives me bonkers; it really drives me bonkers when I am grading fellow students' essays and I know middle school kids who can write better AND it drives me over a wall when these bad writers are English Majors - if you can't write don't claim the Major!!!

14. I like to shop, a lot, a lot lot - it has gotten me into a bunch of trouble...

15. I got married 10 days after I turned 19 and had my first baby 2 moths after I turned 20. I would not do that again, in fact, I am now an advocate of waiting a long time before getting married. 

16. I do like being married - most of the time.

17. I am really insecure. I am afraid that I will offend people all the time. And, I can't say NO. 

18. When I served as Primary President I didn't pray all that often. Looking back, I didn't do such a good job and it was probably a very good thing I moved and got released. Although, it was one of the best experiences of my life. 

19. I am terrified to parent my children as they get older. 

20. I had a partial hysterectomy when I was 25 years old. At the time I thought it was a really good idea. Now - I regret it every day. I want a baby so bad that I beg God for a miracle. Sometimes I think I am pregnant, but I know I am not. If there was one thing I could go back and change it would be that surgery. Sadly, my husband is happy about the fact that we can't have any more kids and he finds joy in the fact that our youngest in almost out of diapers. For me, it hurts, really bad. 

21. Somedays I am glad I live far far away from GA. Other days I wish I was there. 

22. Contrary to popular belief, I hate going to people's houses. Most often times I would rather stay home and be by myself. Especially Sundays. 

23. I like to celebrate my birthday. I have never had a surprise party and I want one.

24. I want to learn to play the piano, but my two hands just aren't coordinated enough to play all four parts at one time. But, I can type really fast and usually without looking at the keys. Does that mean that I could play the piano?

25. I like to feel sexy. I like the color red b/c it is a sexy color. I like to smell sexy and wear sexy makeup. And I don't think this is bad. 

*If you want to, write this up for yourself. If not, whatever! The invitation is now out there, for those who want it* I would enjoy your comments on this one.....

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I like to be sexy too! It just doesn't happen too often since I have a 2 year old and a 4 month old... Where's the time for that, right?

I love the post. Check mine soon, I think I'll do this too!

Anonymous said...

First off, had I known you were on facebook, I totally would have tagged you! I'm sorry you had to have a partial hysterectomy (can I ask why). I'll pray for a miracle too :)
It was so fun learning more about you. This is on my blog too, if you haven't already checked it out :)

Amber said...

I can tagg you if you want :) I'll look ya up and add you. but I will update my post where I did this so you have been tagged in TWO spots! :)

Jessica :) said...

Okay, I have to disagree entirely with your assumption that you must've been the worst primary president ever, because you weren't. And I have the authority to say that! :) Really fun post - I love learning more about other people.

Keri_B said...

I loved reading about you too! And you were an amazing Primary President and lets just let that be the end of it, ok lady!!

I miss you!! I need to see my Nikki!