Saturday, January 17, 2009

I love Katie




It has been brought to my attention that I don't say nearly enough about my Taterbug - so this post is dedicated to her.

Tater is so adorable! She is so good at Math - she can fly through her homework faster than I can grade them. She is turning out to be quite the reader. Although not as much as her mom - math is definitely her thing. She has lots of friends and has invitations to come play often. She is turning into such a girly girl. Her favorite way to do her hair always involves curls, and whenever she gets the chance, she will dab on some eyeshadow and lip gloss. She has taken up the habit of joining me on my trips to get my nails done, and I am thinking that pretty soon I am gonna have a partner to get pedis with!!

At home she is such a doll. She has taken to just doing things because she knows they need to be done. Seriously:she will switch the laundry, vacuum, and empty the dishwasher. She will plop right onto the bed to help me fold clothes and finds it necessary that I have company in whatever room I am in. She understands how tired I am, and so everyday, she makes me take a little nap. She holds down the fort for the 1/2 hour that I sleep before dinner and since she can tell time, she knows exactly when to wake me up. She is also really good at relaying messages to her brothers in such a way that by the time dinner is on the table, she has had them clean up the house. She helps set the table and clear it and when she is done getting herself ready for bed, she always grabs Jordan's stuff and helps him! (Okay - it sounds like all I do is lay around and let my 7 year old run things, but she doesn't do all this everday - that would just be wrong!!)

Her favorite activities right now involve spending a lot of time with me (which I absolutely enjoy!!) and gymnastics. She is currently a Level 2 gymnast. It is so fun to see her spend the hour out on the bars and balance beam and do lots of flips and stuff I could never do!! My daughter is so beautiful and completely amazing! I don't get to spend as much time with her as I would like, but the time we are together is always such a joy. She is sensitive to right and wrong and takes her agency very seriously. She hates to make a wrong choice - sometimes I have to remind her that we are all practicing!

Full of love and radiating beauty, my daughter is amazing, awesome, and the best gift I have ever gotten!!

4 comments:

Jessica :) said...

That is so sweet! I'm so glad you have that little girl. Amazing how kids can be associated with losing our sanity when in reality they help us find it. She is so cute!

Dacia said...

Wow, I wish my son would be as helpful. You're a lucky mom.

Nikki said...

Amen!! I am a lucky mom.

Mom said...

We all knew how special she was on the day she was born. Her spirit is definately one of the sweetest and most beautiful. You know I've always had the perfect spot in my heart just for my Katie. I love you Katie Bug. Grandma Kerlin.