Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's My blog and I'll Brag if I want To

Well, for those who may not know - I have the most insane credit load this semester. On top of all my domestic duties, I am carrying 17 credits, 9 of which are English classes. One of my classes is a Drama class, a Junior level class, that I absolutely love. There are only 13 or 14 people in the class total, so we all know each other pretty well. Two weeks ago, our dear professor gave us an 8-9 page research paper on one of three plays we had read. The time allotted to said paper, 2 weeks total! My freshman classmates flipped out, as did most of the other members of the class. Ah - what did they expect?

Well - I knew I had the paper due, and of course, as I sat down Wednesday night to write it (it was due on Thursday) an incredibly horrendous migraine set in. Not ten minutes later I knew I was not going to be writing anything. What to do? Well - the only viable solution was to set the alarm for 4:30 AM and bang it out. 

That is precisely what I did. I went to bed at 9:30 Pm, awoke at 4:30 AM, wrote the paper (and all other assignments due that day) in 2 hours and was in my seat in class by 7:55 AM. 

The whole point of this blog: I was the only student in the class who managed a 100!!! CAn you believe it? It is days like this that make me happy and confirm that I do love English, and sometimes, I am pretty dang good at it! :)

5 comments:

Keri_B said...

You are amazing!! I sure have a lot less headaches not that we are done with school...imagine that!

Anonymous said...

WOOT WOOT! Thats great! ...and you should brag!

Jessica :) said...

Wow! Incredible!! Congratulations! You deserve it! I don't think I could've ever pulled something like that off - namely because I never could've pulled my lazy self out of bed at 4:30am!! I've said it once, I'll say it again -- You are amazing!!!

Nikki said...

THANKS!!!

Greg and Michelle said...

Way to go!! Props to moms who go to school because it is not easy but it is possible!!