So, today is a really cold day and having just looked out the window, our first little flurries of the year have begun to fall! The kids are all bathed and dressed in their most comfortable jammies. The house is all clean (I stayed up last night in anticipation of today) and it feels so cozy. My favorite part of days like these are when you make homemade potpourri. Now, before you think I am some Martha Stewart, my favorite homemade scent goes like this:
Peelings of 3-4 apples ( I use granny smith) - do what you want with the meat
Put them in a little pot on the stove with some water.
Pour in vanilla extract.
Sprinkle some cinnamon.
Stir it all together.
Bring the mixture to a boil and then turn it down to simmer.
The smell that results from this concoction is so heavenly. It just makes your home smell so nice and cozy and inviting and yummy. Oh - I would invite you over right now to smell it if you like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh, that does sound like it smells so good! I will definitely have to try it sometime!!
The colder it gets, the more often I make it...just knock on the door sometime and take a wiff!
Post a Comment