Monday, August 18, 2008

Do you agree?

okay - please don't think me unpatriotic - I do love the Olympics. But... I really really hate watching any race that involves Usain Bolt - that 21 year old kid from Jamaica. He just is so cocky and un - well- unpleasant to watch. Is it bad to wish for him to trip over himself and thus learn a little humility? Or am I just being a bit of a Ms. Cranky-Pants?

5 comments:

Lacey said...

I think it's perfectly fine for you to wish that.... I thought it about some of the people I was watching yesterday playing baseball.... oh well, I guess that's what repentance is for, right?

Nikki said...

Yea - i guess...but it does seem like the Olympics would be more interesting if there were some really good injuries, you know?

Lacey said...

I completely and totally agree! An occasional injury always seems to brighten stuff up.... I did see a guy doing a double flip on the high bar and he missed his catch and landed on his stomach on the mat below. It was kind of shocking, but at the same time, it was like, "WOW!" I can't imagine how much that would have hurt!

Jana said...

I'm with you sister! Usain has an amazing talent, but it would be a little easier for me to appreciate it if he was a tad more humble.

Nikki said...

Call me silly, but I was in shock and a little "star struck" that Jana (author of THE MEANEST MOM) actually commented on my blog!!

It made my night here in little old Rexburg!