So - I thought that I had lost my brain when I had my children. You know - placenta brain: the bigger the placenta, the more brain cells it sucks out, and then, you loose the darn thing and all the brain cells with it. Well - that in no way compares to my brain since the semester has been over...I have literally been wandering around (in my head) wondering what to do. I have no papers to write, no assignments to complete, no chapters in various subjects to read: I feel totally and completely lost! I even let a Mary Kay consultant come over and spend 2 hours painting my face (by the way - I ended up looking pretty good - but that's besides the point - I have learned that I simply cannot function without a huge list of things that must be accomplished in a very short amount of time. So - here is what I have come up with (in no order of importance):
Mom's Christmas Break To Do List:
1. Clean Living room
2. Clean Kitchen (top to bottom)
3. Clean Office
4. Clean Mom and Dad's room
5. Clean Hall Bathroom
6. Clean Laundry Area
7. Clean Katie's Room
8. Clean Boys' Room
9. Keep up on Laundry
10. Make the Family Stocking
11. Bathe my Kids
12. Give all the boys haircuts
13. Complete New Volunteer Binder for $MM
14. Complete Debt Workshop for $MM
15. Complete the Winter Semester Schedule for $MM
16. Organize Fall Semester school stuff
17. Mail out Jamie's memory card and picture
18. Mail out Halloween pictures to Mom
19. Mail out clothes to Kristi
20. Read Frankenstein
21. Begin reading Doctrine and Covenants
22. Finish Christmas Shopping
23. Spend time with my kids (hey - if it isn't on the list I probably won't do it)
24. Finish the boy's Scarves (i am making them)
Now - here is the sad thing: Because I secretly know that most of this doesn't have to be done, I won't do it....HaHa - go figure!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nikki, you crack me up!! I love reading your list ... and the final sentence, too! (I should probably make a list too ... so far, I haven't accomplished anything! ;) )
My lists lately consist of: wake up, get out of bed, get showered and dressed, make sure kids are okay and fed. As long as I limit my list to those things, I can usually get most of it done. You are so brave! :)
Post a Comment