Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rest in Peace

So this isn't going to be my most happiest blog, but I feel like this is a journal I share and so I will write anyway. I received a text message this morning from my Mom letting me know that my cousin Taylor passed away last night. Taylor was a freshman is HS and was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer earlier last summer. It is so sad and yet I feel like I am not sad. I am grateful that Taylor is in no more pain and that she is with our Savior and in the presence of His love. I have had many strange experiences this week. I have been released from my calling as Primary President, I have completed the Book of Mormon with my children and now my dear sweet cousin has passed away: all within 2 days. 
I have many emotions running through me, but the main thing I keep feeling is that my Heavenly Father loves me. I felt his love on Sunday. I felt like I experienced how He loves each one of us individually as I looked over the faces of the dear sweet children I have tried to nurture over these past ten months. I know how much I Loved them and I can only imagine that the love I felt for them was nothing compared to the love HF has for me. 
Last night we read the last chapter of the Book of Mormon with our children. And then we all knelt down and acted upon the promise found in Moroni. I wasn't sure what I expected to have happen, but as I prayed to my Savior and asked him to let my children know that the scriptures were true, I received a most powerful witness myself. Overcome with emotion, I almost could not complete the prayer. My prayer had been answered; I knew that the scriptures were true and I knew by looking at my children they knew the scriptures were true as well.
And then this morning, I was awoken by the ring on my phone. I knew it meant someone had sent me a message and so when I opened it and saw the words "Taylor is at peace" I did not need to read anymore. I have somehow felt the experience of this mortal life condensed into 2 days.
I know that my Savior lives. I know that He loves me, and if me, then He loves you. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the true gospel on the earth today. I have a testimony of the Book of Mormon. It is a most wonderful book of scripture that can bring change into your life for good. I know that we will live again. Death is not the end of us here, it is only the beginning to who we can become. I know that my dear sweet cousin is relishing in the love of our Savior. She knows that He lives and loves her, and I can only believe that she would want everyone to know that same thing. So Taylor, although we may not have known each other very much here on earth, I am happy for you. I am grateful that you are with Christ, and my only wish is that peace be with your family at this most tender time. Rest in Peace.

2 comments:

Keri_B said...

I remember you telling me about Taylor...I wish I was there to hug you because I think you need a big hug from me right now!! I love you!!

Nikki said...

A big hug would be nice, but just knowing that you actually read what I write is nice enough! Thank you for being such an awesome friend!