Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Welcome Winter!

So, usually here in Idaho we Trick or Treat in our coats; this year was actually nice enough that most kids didn't use anything and those who did just wore a light jacket. But, sure enough, November 1st came and with it, Winter. We woke up to really really cold temps on Sat and by Sunday no one dared to venture outside due to the freezing winds and rain. The week has continued on with such weather and I have resigned myself to the fact that I will not experience warm weather until May, possibly June ( if this year is any indication of things to come)

And of course, we cannot talk about winter without talking about the flu. Yes - over the past 2 1/2 weeks attendance in all of my classes has been pretty low; due to the flu ( college kids can not afford $25 shots) and of course, all those who were absent were the ones I sat next to. So eventually, I got it. And not surprisingly I spread it here at home ( isn't that what families are for? to share) So this week I have been the absentee in class, spending my days passed out on the couch, tending my sick family members, and preparing for a visit to the hospital tomorrow: Jordan is getting tubes ( again, that is an entirely different post)

So, for those of you who feel so inclined to do something: I have a 9 page paper that isn't finished, it is about Barn Burning by William Faulkner combined with the theories of psychoanalytical criticism by Norman Holland ,word studies about the word 'fantasy', and any critical dialogue that is relevant. It is due by Nov 12th. I would be more than willing to chat it up with you, give you ideas, etc. Just make sure to wear one of those masks when you come....

3 comments:

Dacia said...

Hi there! Glad you found me in the blogosphere! Sorry about the sickness going around and I hope you all feel better soon!

Keri_B said...

Poor Jordan...hope all goes well tomorrow. And that paper sounds horrible...you really need to change your major! Or just quit school and come live by me. That's the best idea I have had all day! Miss ya!

beth said...

i am so sorry. i hate being sick and still have to do mommy duties. What could be worse? oh, yes it can be...you have a paper due. wish i could help. don't think i could if i tried. get well soon.