Sunday, March 1, 2009

When hearing your name makes you cringe!

2:00 AM Sunday morning: Climb into bed (note, went to bed 4 AM Fri. Morning, Woke at 6 for class, Went to bed 2 AM Sat morning, Woke at 7 with kids)

7:00 AM Sunday Morning: Wake to boys fighting

8:00 AM Sunday Morning: Feed the Masses and get ready for Church

11:00 Am Sunday Morning: Scream at son to STOP, thus avoiding a car accident and my son, Son cries hysterically, (this is the same son that choked on a tortilla chip last night at dinner and kept his mouth shut b/c he didn't want me to get the chip out)

2:00 Pm Sunday Afternoon: Walk home from Church and ask all three children to stop stomping in the muddy puddles with their nice church clothes on.

3:00 Pm Sunday Afternoon: Attempt to play a game with children, Choking son throws HUGE FIT b/c he didn't win. 

4:00 PM Sunday Afternoon: Lay kids down for nap and attempt to take one myself

5:30 PM Sunday Evening: After listening to the boys play for an hour and a half and completely disregard all threats and pleadings to be quiet and go to sleep, I get up and make dinner

6:30 PM Sunday Evening: Youngest son falls off the ladder on the bunkbeds and lands on an upside down plastic chair. BIG Bruise, lots of screaming, and (another) accident in underwear. Decided that potty training is now on hold: If I am changing pull-ups as often as I was changing diapers, I refuse to buy the ridiculously overpriced "underwear"

7:00 PM Sunday Evening: Feed the three kids and threaten certain death if any of them talk

7:30 PM Sunday Evening: Put all three kids back to bed and cringe when I hear the whine of "Mmmmoooooommmmm"

8:00 Pm Sunday Evening: Post my day on the blog to get some kind of release. Early to bed you ask? No way - gotta prep for classes tomorrow! (5 more weeks until my 5 month break)

3 comments:

Keri_B said...

I love you, woman!!! Isn't being a mother great? :) Only 5 weeks till your break, wahoo!!

Jessica :) said...

Wow! Sounds like you had quite the Sunday! Only 5 weeks - I know this doesn't sound true when in the midst of it, but those 5 weeks will be gone quick! And by then, the snow may be melting this Idaho tundra!

John said...

Aaahhhh...the joys of being a parent. Someone once said that parenthood is next to Godliness...or something like that!

I LOVE the muddy story...however I'm wondering what the lessons at Church were all about...patience, the "7th Day", love, giving; or just simply too much to take in with only 5 weeks to go...:)

Love,
Dad