Let me start by explaining how I am the Devil: the first three numbers on my license plate are 6s as well as the last 3 digits of my phone number. My sister Jamie, who cannot receive pictures on her phone, kept freaking out when I would (unknowingly) send her pictures and the only messages she got were "666" over and over - for a while she thought it was the other side trying to make contact. Ever since, my family has thought it funny to call me "the devil" and since I just recently made a trip down South, well, you 're smart...
If I were to try and explain the details of my trip, it would take me 3 weeks to write it and you three weeks to read it, instead - I will hit the highlights, and include pictures where appropriate...
Sunday July 6 - 2 pm
The kids and I pull out of the driveway and begin our trip to SLC. I am a tad freaked out that I am about to board a plane alone with my three kids, but it is the middle of the night, everyone would just sleep, right?
Well, not exactly. After checking our luggage we proceeded to security. Single mom, three kids, and a basic strip search was a sight to see I'm sure. I tried to sneak a Coke in, and was scolded immensely. I got everyone through the gate with no problem, except myself. I tried to bring my phone through, that didn't fly. Second time through I tried to bring my watch through, that didn't fly either, after three times through the metal detector, I still set it off, and had to be pulled aside: turns out I had one too many buttons on my pants...After getting everyone dressed and put together, we headed to the gate. Upon arriving at the gate I realized that I had left my watch and cell phone back at security. I had to run back, collect my belongings, ( with no sympathy from the security desk mind you) and run back to the gate. Upon boarding I realized that one of my children would have to sit in the aisle seat in front of me. Matthew volunteered, and all was well, until the decent. 1/2 way through landing Matthew began to vomit. It reeked and well, the smell was enough to set others off around us. I picked Matthew up, who was still asleep and took him to the bathroom. It became very clear that this was not an easy mess to clean up. I stripped him of his pjs, his underwear, and left him wrapped in an airplane blanket on the toilet while I tried to gather my other kids together. The flight attendant called security and the pilot and worked out a way to intercept our luggage to retrieve apparel for Matthew. About 45 minutes after landing, we exited the plane with a new pair of clothes on Matthew and a wrapped pair of puked on pjs. After running to our gate, with no airport assistance, we discovered that our flight to ATL had been delayed 30 minutes. We passed out on the floor of the airport: Katie was exhausted b/c to her it was 2:30 in the morning, Matthew b/c he was running a low grade fever, had deposited all of his stomach contents on the previous flight, and was recooperating from a bloody nose, and Jordan b/c he couldn't get comfortable.
After finally landing in ATL, (July 7th at 7:30 AM) we ended back up at my parents house by 11:30 AM ( I think it was about 38-40 hours that I didn't sleep) and we had a situation. It was a doozie, but then situations like that usually are. In addition to all of this fun excitement: I was trying to finish up the last two weeks of school!
Kelli gave me a makeover and we spent a ton of time at the pool. I got to see all of my aunts and uncles and cousins; which was fun! and then we headed to FL...another post for another day!!
2 comments:
Love the makeover!! It was fun to hear about your great adventure...flying alone with kids is great, huh!?! Miss ya!
If you think this one was fun...wait until I get the FL vaca posted :)
Post a Comment